Privacy and usage policy DASATT (Irish Registered Charity) is committed to its donors and remains dedicated to treating all donors and supporters with the highest level of care, consideration and respect. This Donor Promise has been produced to assure donors and prospective donors of the integrity and accountability of DASATT and to ensure that all members of staff, volunteers and Board members will strive to achieve the highest professional standards at all times.
1. What is a Privacy Notice? The notice sets out why and how we collect, store and use the information gathered on our website and through our fundraising and campaigns work, and information on beneficiaries, volunteers and staff. We are committed to excellence in supporter relationships and we work hard to meet our legal requirements to ensure that you are fully informed about how we use your data.
2. What personal data does DASATT collect from you? Raising funds is critical to the work that we do to tackle human trafficking and create awareness.
If you support us, for example, by making a donation, registering to fundraise, campaigning, subscribing to our news, joining as a member or by signing up to an event, we will usually collect your name and contact details. Where it is appropriate we may ask for some other information such as date of birth, or your motivation for supporting us.
We may hold the following information you provide directly to us: Your name and address Your email, if you have told us Your telephone number(s), if you have given them to us. Note DASATT will only email or call you if you have said that you would like to receive electronic communications from us in line with the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations. All emails we send you will give you the option to decline future emails Your date of birth, if you have told us Details of any donations you make (date, amount, payment method). We have a legal responsibility to keep track of these details Gift Aid declaration: A note of whether you pay Irish income tax, again if you have told us. This is used to enable us to claim the tax you have already paid on your donations from the Revenue Details of any direct debits Details of any appeals, publications etc you receive and respond to and details of any contact we have with you A note of whether you remember DASATT in your Will, if you inform us Method via which you donate or contact us Method via which you learnt about DASATT eg, advert in a specific newspaper Your employment history if you apply for a role at DASATT
3. We may hold the following information from other sources: As a fundraising organisation we may also undertake in-house research and from time to time engage a specialist, trusted partner to gather publicly available information, for example from Companies House, the Electoral Register, ‘Rich Lists’ and property registers. This research helps us to understand more about our supporters and ensure that we are providing the most efficient and appropriate communications, and enables our fundraising to be more effective. If you would prefer for publicly available data about you not to be used in this way, we will respect those wishes. To inform us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0899543711.
4. How is your personal data used? We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we have about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (2018). We hold information that is necessary for the administration of your donations and/or your direct debits. We may also wish to contact you by phone, SMS or email to update you on our work, special events, appeals or other activities related to DASATT that may be of interest to you, and for these electronic communications, we will only contact you if you’ve expressly told us that you wish to hear from us in this way. If you do not wish to receive further communications of a particular type or no longer wish DASATT to contact you at all please tell us. We will always respect your wishes. Email email@example.com or call 0899543711. As a membership organisation, we also have a governance obligation to invite our members to our Annual General Meeting and inform you of the organisation’s plan each year. Members will always be given the option to not receive information about these activities. We only retain your personal data for as long as it is needed in accordance with our data retention policy.
5. Does DASATT share your data? We take the privacy of our supporters extremely seriously and all personal information we collect is held securely and safely. DASATT does NOT trade names with other organisations, ‘list swap’ or rent out our supporters’ list. DASATT will disclose this information to other organisations solely in connection with the administration and the processing of your donations, in particular online donations, payroll giving or direct debit donations. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties. The only other outside bodies who might receive some information from us would be agents such as the mailing service who pack and send out our appeals, the Reporter magazine and the annual review. On occasion we may improve the quality and accuracy of the information you have provided such as your contact details by checking against external data lists. This helps us ensure our records are fully up-to-date and to avoid mis-directing communications. These agents have a legal responsibility to use our information only for the purpose for which we supply it. They will not use it to contact you on their own behalf or on behalf of other organisations. We may also carry out analysis of the personal information we collect about you and add publicly available information to create a profile of your interests, preferences and level of potential donations so we can contact you in the most appropriate way and with the most relevant information. We may comply with requests where disclosure of personal information is required or permitted by law, for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing. Please let us know in writing by post or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your full name and address, if you do not wish to be kept informed of DASATT activities. Online donations and payments To make an online donation or payment by direct debit or payment card, you will be directed to a payment gateway. Payment gateways use security features and encryption to ensure your data remains safe. We offer the use of PayPal for online donations and Rapidata for online direct debits. Further information about the collection and use of the data will be provided on the relevant payment gateway for you.
6. Our legal basis for using your personal data DASATT uses three legal bases as outlined by the ICO to use personal data provided to us Consent – this is an indication that an individual expressly agrees to for their personal information (eg an email address) to be used in a specific way. It represents a positive choice by an individual to give clear and explicit permission. Legitimate Interest – when we have a legitimate reason to process information, for example to administer a donation. Contractual – where the processing of information is necessary for a contract we may have with an individual. Here are some examples of how DASATT commits to remaining responsible with the information it is given: Consent – we use this to email or phone you or to hold information about the story of a beneficiary. Legitimate interest – we would use legitimate interest to send a letter to remind a member that their membership has lapsed and to suggest a renewal. Contractual – if you are a prospective staff member, a contractual arrangement would be made to ensure that your information is processed in accordance with the law, on appointment.
7. Can I find out what information you hold about me? You may request a copy of any personal information that DASATT has about you (for which we may charge a small administration fee) by contacting us at the address above. This is called a ‘Subject Access Request’. Letting us know if things have changed Should your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date. Additionally should you wish for DASATT not to use your data in a particular way please contact us on email@example.com or calling 0899543711.
8. How secure is the data you hold about me? We take data security extremely seriously and we ensure that industry-standards and legal requirements are met and ensure regular adherence to these requirements through regular monitoring. Access to information that DASATT is secure and protected. It is restricted to a small, fully trained team within the organisation. The information we hold will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), unless that country or territory also ensures the same level of protection.
9. Notification of change of Privacy Notice From time to time we will update this privacy notice. Should this happen, we will post a notice of the change on the website, and let you know that this has happened. If you have any further questions, or if you would like to ensure the accuracy of any of the information you may have volunteered, please contact us on 0899543711 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What can I do if I am not happy? In the first instance, please talk to us directly so we can help resolve any problem or query. Our friendly Supporter Care team can help, or you can contact our data protection officer by emailing email@example.com.